WHY WORDPRESS IS NOT FREE OF COST DESPITE OF OPEN SOURCE CMS
you may wondered after knowing, that wordpress (wordpress.org) is free and open source content management system (CMS). Despite of that, why I have to paid money to run wordpress online.
Answer is here, because they not charge you for running wordpress online. rather they charge for providing you their hosting space on server manage by them . Because they have to hire employee for maintenance of server they built and technical support they provide.
WHY IT IS NOT EASY TO RUN AND HOST WORDPRESS ON ANDROID
Android lacks stable Web server based application.
Android devices lacks such powerful disk and ram to run . But recently in few past years, mobile phone had becamed capable of running Web servers to some extent. nevertheless, the thing which refraining us from doing such stuff like creating a web server (Apache, MySQL, PHP, PHPMyAdmin) on the Android devices is the lack of stable resources.
Now, Let's discuss main part of this article that is, why you are here.
KSWEB FEATURES AND REQUIREMENTS
Hold on please do check following before proceedings. If your device compatible or not.
The developer of KSWEB says Android device with OS version 2.3.3 or higher and ARM-based processor is required. I will try to run KSWEB on IS05 (Japanese old Android smartphone by SHARP) and the procedure on this post is about this device. But maybe KSWEB can run on so many kinds of Android devices. Please try on any devices you have.
- lighttpd server v1.4.35
- nginx v1.13.1
- Apache v2.4.28
- PHP v7.2.0
- MySQL v5.6.38
- msmtp v1.6.1
- Web Interface v2.11
- KSWEBFTP v1.0
- Editor v1.0
HOW TO RUN WORDPRESS ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE
Running wordpress on Window,Mac,and Linux is easy. because there is a lot of knowledge base and software available to do so.
That is not mean Android has no scope . Because Android also have bunch of application. but problem is that, it lacks knowledge base online so, commonly people unable to find it easily.
Today in this post i am going to discuss 5 ways you can run and host your wordpress site for free.
Way 1 : Run and Host your wordpress website using Android application KSWEB
Follows these prerequisites steps to run and host your website on your Android phone:
1. Visit Google Play store and search for Android application KSWEB
2. Install the KSWEB Android application
3. Open and enable option that best suits your requirements.
4. Download file of open source CMS Wordpress from WordPress.org website.
5. Downloaded file is ZIP file that is why you have to extract it .
6. Move extracted file to htdocs file (created automatically when you run KSWEB locate it in file manager )
7. Keep KSWEB Android application open
8. Go to the browser and paste this website address -
Now , Understand in detail how to run it full fledged.
Follow following Main steps to run and host your wordpress website using Android :
1. Navigate to Google Play store and install KSWEB application. KSWEB is premium application with 5 day free trial period. Later you can purchase premium if you like it.
2. Now open and enable your option Lighthttpd and Apache while Nginx is premium.
3. Enable FTP, MySQL, PHP option
4. Now go to tool tab and select for phpmyadmin and enable Apache as webserver. it will create database for your website. where data like post, pages,tables and Data are stored securely.
Follow following steps to creat and deploy your database completely:
1. Go to tools tab and select phpmyadmin and webserver Apache . A popup created for choosing Web browser if you are using more than one .
Note: sometime it sets by default thus it may not popup . So, check manually.
2. Select your web browser.
3. Then your database software phpmyadmin will open add user name as root and left password blank and Click on Go button.
4. Open Database option and rename your own database name . Click over creat button.
5. After that open user account and then add an user account.
6. Fill all credentials keeping host name to local. and tap on GO button.
7. Now go to user account you created previously select your created database and tap on edit privilege option.
8. Assign your newly created database and also assign newly created user and tap on GO button.
9. grant all permission you wish to have. tap on GO.
5. Download wordpress ZIP file and extract (Unzip) it and move to htdocs folder.
6. Now your wordpress website ready for final setup .
7. Locate to web address : http://127.0.0.1:8000/wp-admin
8. Provide database credentials you setup in previous steps.
9. Tap on run installation button.
10. fill up your username and password created previously
11. Tap on login button you will get dashboard of wordpress
Way 2 : USING WORDPRESS TRIAL SETUP ON QSANDBOAX
For running a full website and to control over all things for free not an easy task. But I will teach you how to do it easily.
Note: you are able to only test wordpress all premium features you cannot deploy upon custom domain.
Follow these steps to run and host your wordpress website using Android:
1. Visit website called Qsandboax
2. Navigate to tools in navbar
3. Deploy what suits your choice.
4. Now to you will we able to acess wordpress dashboard .
5. But to acess file manager and database control
Follows these steps
1. Install AndFTP (your FTP client) Android application
2. Install KSWEB Android application
Now , fill up file manager record in AND FTP app you have now acess to full fledged wordpress file manager and files (like public.html)
Do similar things with KSWEB you got acess to a database of sandbox test website.
Way 3: Run and Host your wordpress website using Android application Bit Web Server
It is fully premium application that is why I am discussed it in last but available at only $2 only so I strongly recommend to give a chance to it .
All setting and deployment method almost similar to first one so I am not going to write more.
Download Bit Web Server application
HOW TO ACCESS MY CREATED WEBSITE FROM DESKTOP OR PC
Connecting your device and PC through wifi and edit same ip address and port in both application and pc.
Android phone have downside that they get closed after some time of inactivity. To run your website consistently .
Make sure if you are using first way to host wordpress then be aware and use following apps for constantly run server. There are many apps to stay it awake on Google Play. Please use StayAwake, KeepScreen or another one you find on Google Play.